Turmeric in food
So you’ve read about how turmeric benefits your health and would like to take action to incorporate this little powerhouse into your family’s diet? Try this amazingly delicious drink made by Trim Healthy Mama to cool down this summer.
Here’s a list of favorite benefits that turmeric has to offer:
- A safe anti-inflammatory
- Improves digestion
- Prevents progression of Alzheimer’s
- Lowers cholesterol
- Helps prevent gas or bloating
- Helps prevent cancer (i.e. breast, prostate, skin, lymphoma)
- Reduces side effects of chemotherapy
- Improves skin conditions (i.e. eczema)
- Blood purifier
- Natural antiseptic
- Treats gynecomastia
- Turmeric for boils
The Singing Canary Drink
Drink away adrenal fatigue with your daily dose of the Singing Canary drink. The pithy part of the lemon is important for this drink as it contains healing bioflavonoids and don’t forget the turmeric!
- 2 lemons
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder (you won’t taste this ingredient, but it has amazing inflammation fighting and adrenal rebuilding properties)
- 2 good pinches of good natural salt (Celtic Sea Salt or Himalayan Rock Salt)
- 2000-4000mg Vitamin C (buffered ascorbic acid powder or tablets or whatever is in your cupboard that does not include sugar or dyes)
- 1 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tsp protein powder
- 3 splashes vanilla essence
- Pure stevia extract to taste
- 4-8 drops of Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil of Lemon, optional
- Remove zest from lemons, cut into chunks, de-seed and blend with 3 cups water, blend until fine.
- Sieve to remove fiber and return liquid to the blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend well.
- Fill a large jar with ice, pour the lemon drink over the top, adding more water if it doesn’t cover the ice, shake and serve. Drink your nourishing orange color!
Or try this Lemon Coconut Bread recipe that includes turmeric.